Day 9. Blood ring??? Pic

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by nipper75, Mar 24, 2013.

1. nipper75

nipper75 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2011
    NorthEast PA
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 24, 2013
  2. blzzrdqueen

blzzrdqueen Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2013
    Albany NY
    That does not look like a blood ring to me...but it does appear to be an infertile egg from what I can see. Is there any darkness in the egg? By day 9 you should see a light network of veins and blood vessels and see an embryo moving, *if* the shell is light colored. Darker shells are harder to see in. Give it a couple more days and candle again, if you don't see any signs of life, you can do an eggtopsy or just toss the egg.

3. nipper75

nipper75 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2011
    NorthEast PA
    I candled on day on day 4 and thought it might not be viable. Then checked the next day and I saw the network of veins or what I thought to be. This egg and 1 other were scrambled upon shipping. By the way, I'm a first time hatcher. 3 look great and I can see movement. Then there's this one with the red line and another which was also scrambled And its seems to be dark with a dark spot but like I said I did see the vein network a few days ago.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2013
  4. blzzrdqueen

blzzrdqueen Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2013
    Albany NY
    Give it another day or two. I just got rid of my last egg that I was unsure of yesterday which was day 12, by then I was positive it had died. I cracked it open and sure enough there was a blood ring and a dead 5 day old embryo.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by