Day after tomorrow, LOCK DOWN

digger455

In the Brooder
9 Years
Jul 25, 2010
First time doing this. I had 20 and am down to 12. This forum has been great for me. But spending allot of time reading up on this. Anyway, the way I understand it I take out turner and lay eggs on paper towel, Take a sponge full of water and put that at bottom. I have been at anywhere between 95 and 103. I got a digital humity gage and that says I have 50% hunity now. I was thinking about putting a pan at the bottom to catch annything that may fall in there. Just guessing at this. Do not open at all after lock down right. How high is to high for humity?? As you can tell I have allot of questions now that it is getting close. So please bear with me I will be asking questions right along the next few day. THANKS ahead of time for any and all help.

Digger

Wow, 95 to 103 is quite a range for your temps. Have you been candling the eggs to ensure that there is development going on it there? If so, you could shoot for a humidity in lockdown of about 65-70%. I left mine at 65%, locked down the incubator and waited. When my first egg pipped, it went up to 70% on it's own. With more pips and hatching, it went up to 75%. You really don't want it much higher than that due to drying. As the chicks hatch out wet, they need to dry and fluff. Beyond 75% humidity can slow that down significantly and make for some unhappy babies. To achieve this in a still air unit, I cut up sponges into four pieces and put one in each of the four corners, thoroughly soaked. Worked perfectly! Good luck!
thumbsup.gif

Yes they look like things are going ok in the eggs. The highest was 103, most of the time it was around 100. I have two thermometers one is the one that came with turner it reads just a little under 100, the other is a digitial that one reads 96.4 right now.That one is about a inch off the bottom. There is movement, I will check again tonight. Thank you for helping out.

Digger

I am useing a Little giant still air, If I get just one chick to hatch I think I am going to put a fan in it. My RIR girls are just staring to lay.
I have 10, I am thinking 3 are going now. Got two a day for last three days. Would like to try some of there's soon.

Digger

from Minnesota

Back
Top Bottom