Day before hatch date... When should I see any action???

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by jfulcher, Jun 22, 2011.

1. jfulcher

jfulcher Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2011
    Tucson, AZ 85712
    Nervous mother here... So please someone tell me... Should I be seeing something??... Temp did fluctuate a lot, but I have it under control now.. Float tested them found the quitter and the dud. Supposedly the ones that are supposed to hatch are viable... But idk if I am incubating dead eggs... Just looking for some reassurance or information... Please be as detailed as you can if possible..

2. jfulcher

May 24, 2011
    Tucson, AZ 85712
    Anyone?????

3. farmgirlforever18

farmgirlforever18 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2010
    Dublin TEXAS
    im freaking out too its hatch day and no signs of peeps or the eggs moving [​IMG] but im shure it will be fine [​IMG]

4. jfulcher

May 24, 2011
    Tucson, AZ 85712
    Quote:I am doubtful my hatch is going well....
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=528050
    My temp was fluctuating all over... Did a float test... Some seemed viable... Above is the link for my egg-topsy.... If you are squeamish do not look... Glad you are following me tho ^_^
    Moved my thermostat where it was supposed to be THANKS QUINTINP!!! Now I only have a 1 degree variation.... Instead of a 8 degree variation......

5. hmlongino

hmlongino Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2009
    Fayetteville, GA
    I usually hear peeping and have pips 1-2 days early, but this time... nothing. I had one pip at the end of day 20, and I had one hatch so far, on day 21. I'm hoping for the best, but even the one that pipped yesterday has been sitting that way (with no signs of breathing) for 18 hours or so. Not cool! If I don't have a bunch more action, this will be the single most expensive chick I've ever owned!!!!

6. jfulcher

May 24, 2011
    Tucson, AZ 85712
    Quote:This is my first hatch so...[​IMG]
    If I do have any hatch it is all thanks to QUINTINP for sharing his advice on how to fix my temp...[​IMG]

7. jfulcher

May 24, 2011
    Tucson, AZ 85712
    VEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRY staggard hatch so I should have some chicks EVENTUALLY:th

8. farmgirlforever18

farmgirlforever18 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2010
    Dublin TEXAS
    Quote:Yeah i know how you feel i have chicks due today 4/4 that i put in and they were all doing good monday [​IMG] and i have 2 turkey eggs out of 8 ( they were shipped but the lady is going to send me more when the weather cools) due next week and then 3 more chicks and then six if there good. yeah i was really happy when the first four eggs i put in there were all growing and dooing good [​IMG] so hope it stays that way [​IMG]

9. jfulcher

May 24, 2011
    Tucson, AZ 85712
    Yeah [​IMG] indeed... At least button quail are notorious for being profuse egg layers..

10. jfulcher

May 24, 2011
    Tucson, AZ 85712
    Think I see one moving... Can't be sure because the window on my bator is warped.. ><

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by