Day light savings Rant

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by feather and mountain man, Mar 13, 2011.

1. feather and mountain man

feather and mountain man Corn fed Indiana farmgirl

Jan 17, 2010
    Thanks a lot Mr Franklin. I can't get used to the change twice a year and neither can my critters. Uhg

I think it is silly and does not help anyone. It is just silly to keep changing the clocks.

2. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Really does not matter if we use energy or not, still the same in reversed time uses. What energy in the morning you use, would be used the same in the evening.

3. NewHopePoultry

NewHopePoultry Crowing

Apr 9, 2007
    Troy,Missouri
    I hate Day light savings . It throws me off

4. Stacykins

Stacykins Crowing

Jan 19, 2011
    Escanaba, MI
    Even resetting the internal clock one hour is a pain in the butt. And you're right, studies have shown that there is no power saved. And for people who worry about kids being at dark bus stops in the morning, guess what, there will always be at least a few weeks when most kids stand at the bus stop in the dark during the winter even with daylight savings. I did it when I had to ride the bus, and didn't mind other than being cold because it was winter, but even if it was light out, doesn't change the negative temperatures in the dead of winter much!

5. booker81

booker81 Redneck Tech Girl

Apr 18, 2010
    Mid-MI
    I hate it. Ridiculous idea.

Course, it doesn't help when DH changes all the clocks in the house before I wake, and then I don't know if the hour change has occurred or not, and have to look up the time online [​IMG]

6. goldenluver

goldenluver Songster

May 20, 2009
    Springfield, Oregon
    Quote:only prob with your logic is that the daylight savings time is in the summer time and it was for the farmers and their kids going to school

7. key west chick

key west chick Songster

May 31, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    Hate it. Pick one or the other and leave it year round.

8. Stacykins

Stacykins Crowing

Jan 19, 2011
    Escanaba, MI
    Huh, could have sworn part of the modern pro argument for not abolishing daylight savings is the benefit of kids not going to school in the dark. I know it used to be for farmers, but with the advent of modern farming technologies, that old use for daylight savings isn't as useful, even if it was the original purpose.

9. michickenwrangler

michickenwrangler To Finish Is To Win

Jun 8, 2008
    NE Michigan
    Woodrow Wilson actually called for it during WWI to assist with energy saving for the war effort

10. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Well it is nearly a 100 years ago and time to make some changes around here!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: