1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Day-old bantam chicks; what breed?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Wrkrbee, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Wrkrbee

Wrkrbee Out Of The Brooder

May 21, 2015
    I just brought home 2 straight run "mixed assortment" bantam chicks from TSC. I am curious about what breed they might be. One is pale yellow with bare legs, and the other is more of a dusty yellow with some down/feathers on its upper legs. Both have black legs, black beaks, and appear to have black skin under their down. Does anyone have any idea what they could be? I have been trying to find photos online that match my babies, without any luck. [​IMG]

2. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    :frow

Could you post a pic?

Last edited: Apr 8, 2016
  3. Wrkrbee

May 21, 2015
    Thank you for the reply! I will take a picture of them today, but will have to wait until my husband gets home, because I don't know how to put them on the computer. Please check back tomorrow. THANKS[​IMG]

4. Wrkrbee

May 21, 2015
    Okay, here goes. I'm going to try to attach some photos of my bantam chicks.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Wrkrbee

May 21, 2015
    Sorry, had a little trouble with posting. My bantams are the first and third photos; the other two are my red sex link pullets.

6. TimCline

TimCline Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2016
    Inez, ky
    3rd pic resembles a silkie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by