Day old chick spinning in circles?

Cazook

Songster
Nov 24, 2019
I have a chick that hatched a day after the others, the mother hen is leading them to food and all of the chicks eat it except this one chick that seems to spin in circles instead of going where it wants to go. It doesn't walk in a straight line or towards the waterer, food etc. Just goes in circles then makes distressed chirping. Is this neurological?

I'm going to give it a bit of poultry drops (concentrated vitamin thing) but... has anyone seen this kind of thing before?

Possibly neurological. I had a chick that "doodled" and she ended up having a whole slew of health issues (wry neck, deformed wings, deformed feet) though she mostly grew out of the doodling. Never really walked in a straight line but could make it from point A to B at least.

Yeah she has improved a bit but still walks in zig-zags with her wings out. It's like when she is deciding to do something like "oh there is food over there" she just starts going in circles instead of towards the food, lol. But she is eating, drinking and hiding under mum successfully. Hopefully it's just a quirk she grows out of now.

Back
Top Bottom