1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Day old chicks breed

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by ambe0487, Feb 5, 2016.

1. ambe0487

ambe0487 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2015
    Urbandale, IA
    So I woke up yesterday to 12 different chicks in the incubator. Not sure which ones came from which eggs. The eggs that hatched were Easter Egger with brasse rooster, ISA brown with cream Legbar, possibility of purebred legbar or ISA brown.

Can you help determine which are which? [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. ambe0487

ambe0487 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2015
    Urbandale, IA
    I talked with the breeder and she said there was also a ayam cemani rooster in there as well. That helps with these black babies

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. realsis

realsis Crazy for Silkies

Jan 17, 2013
    California
    i could be wrong but in the picture The very first picture looks very much to me like a female Barred Rock. Im not positive I'm right but the Females have the darker legs and smaller more uniform head spot.I've been looking at pictures with Barred Rock chicks in them for days now since I ordered seven female Barred Rock chicks for myself. :) not sure about the others but hopefully someone who knows will write in. They are ALL so Adorable!! I'm no expert so like I said, I could be wrong but that's my guess.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2016

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by