Day old chicks wanted (Found) updated!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by SunAngel, Aug 20, 2008.

1. SunAngel

SunAngel Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    I was hoping maybe someone on BYC would happen to have some day old-1 week old chicks that they would be willing to ship. They would go to the post office in 17237.

I have checked locally with no luck. My last option will be a hatchery if noone here responds. I have a lone little chick that needs some playmates. I have a few month old+ chicks that need to get out of the brooder and run around, but they are much larger than my one winged little cutie. But little Nemo, chirps nonstop when they leave his sight. It breaks my heart. He is thriving and seems very healthy, despite his rough start.

I'm not really picky on breeds, just have to be little/young enough to be safe companions for Nemo. Barnyard mixes, Silkies, Cochins, Bantams of any sort, etc would all be fine. I can do Paypal, Visa or personal check/money order. I just need the chicks as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance for any help [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2008
  2. Puddle Foot Farm

Puddle Foot Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2008
    Maryland
    We're ordering day old chicks ASAP, and we're looking for someone to fill the silkie order. It'd be like, six or eight chicks. We're a little bit under an hour and a half away from you if you'd be willing to pick them up.

3. Chicken_Lover4567

Chicken_Lover4567 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2008
    Central Texas
    I wish I could help you. I feel bad for poor little Nemo. Good luck finding him some playmates! He needs them.

4. SunAngel

May 20, 2008
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    Where at in Maryland? We used to live in Thurmont, about 20 miles from Frederick.

How many chicks would you be looking to rehome? Or would you just add a few extras in your order for me?

5. SunAngel

May 20, 2008
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    Thanks anyways, Chicken_Lover [​IMG]

6. Puddle Foot Farm

Aug 20, 2008
    Maryland
    We're in Boyds/Clarksburg. It's like, eighteen miles the other way. We're looking to rehome six-eight. We can stick two on the other people who are ordering with us. [​IMG]

7. SunAngel

May 20, 2008
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    6 or so would be great! I have the room. Are you ordering all Silkies?

I could probably get hubby to drive me to Boyds, the kids want to go to Hollister anyways, and we don't have one near us lol.

8. Puddle Foot Farm

Aug 20, 2008
    Maryland
    We're ordering welsummers, speckled sussex, dominiques, ameraucanas, and probably some marans too. The silkies are a wish that my mom doesn't really share[not chicken enough for her, apparently].
    Your kids are probably my age, but I'm in charge of new chickens in my household. [​IMG]

9. SunAngel

May 20, 2008
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    I dont have any of those breeds in my flock yet. I would love some of any of them. Are you ordering just pullets?

10. Puddle Foot Farm

Aug 20, 2008
    Maryland
    For all of those, yes. The silkies are straight run, like all the bantams.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by