Day Old Chicks

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by morganponies2, Jun 26, 2011.

1. morganponies2

morganponies2 Out Of The Brooder

May 30, 2011
    We've had nothing but stalling since we placed our order with Hodges Farms in Georgia on April 30th. Repeated emails tell us we are first in line for the next hatch, but no matter that we are first, the response tells us that other orders were filled before ours and that if we will just be patient, our order will be filled. Anyone else had this problem? Think Backyard Chickens should know about it. Money taken, but no chicks for months! Maybe rethink this breeder????

2. ChicksterJo

ChicksterJo Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 19, 2011
    Grounded on Earth
    Rethink the breeder. As long as you haven't paid them yet and they haven't fulfilled their part of the transaction I see no reason why you would continue business with them, now and in the future. Anyway, it is their loss because you can tell other people about your experience and they would lose more future customers. And welcome to BYC [​IMG]!

3. Barred Babies

Barred Babies Red Roof Farms

Sep 20, 2009
    Pride, La.
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Louisiana!

4. LostMindPleaseFind

LostMindPleaseFind Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2011
    Little Rock, AR
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. cafarmgirl

cafarmgirl Overrun With Chickens

If it's been that long and you keep getting put off then I think I would demand a refund and move on to somebody else. If you paid by credit card you can call them and have the charges reversed but don't wait too long as I think there may be a time limit on that. Personally I am very picky about letting things drag on to long once I've paid for something.

6. ghillie

ghillie Hen Pecked

Nov 13, 2008
    Colorado Springs, Co
    [​IMG]

7. Magic Birdie

Magic Birdie Overrun With Chickens

May 3, 2011
    Magic Birdie land
    Think on the bright side. At least you get them. I ordered chicks, but could not get them, since I have to move to Philidelphia!!!! I very strongly dislike Philidelphia. Well, [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2011
  8. morganponies2

May 30, 2011
    Oh, the money was taken back in April. I have four emails of excuses and promises.

9. morganponies2

May 30, 2011
    Yup...that's what we're going to do. Ask for a refund. We gave them the full 8 weeks to deliver and that has ended with another promise of 'first in line for the July 18th hatching'.......now the ball is in our court. Posted this just as a warning to thers that there are folks out there that take your money and simply can't fill the orders for whatever reason. This is one to beware of. Good luck to all you chicken folks!!!!

10. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama. Good luck [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by