Day-Old-ish Bantam Breed Identification, Please? (big pics!)

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Yoshii, Mar 26, 2009.

1. Yoshii

Yoshii Chillin' With My Peeps

Hi! Soooo, I have chicks on the way, and I just went to TSC to get some feed, and somehow I walked out with six new peeps. Funny how that happens. Eheh. But! I'd like some help identifying the breeds of my six new babies!

All are bantams.

Chick 1
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Four toes, pink flesh, heavily feathered legs. Feathers appear fairly solid buff/reddish with a grey cast. Appears tufted, but I'm not positive about that. A cochin or a brahma?

Chick 2
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Four toes, dark/gray toes, feathered legs. Appears bearded and tufted. Feathers are dark with gold mottling. Is this a mille fleur?

Chick 3
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Four toes, pink flesh. Heavily feathered legs. Feathers are yellow with a blue cast. Blue/Splash cochin?

Chick 4
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Four toes, pink flesh. Clean legged. Is this little fella a golden sebright?

Thanks so much! I have a vague idea what everyone is, but I'd like a more experienced eyes' opinion. And now, just for fun, the last two, who I know what are...

Polish 1
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and

Polish 2
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Heehee, I LOVE their little tophats. Are my Polish white-crested black, white-crested blue, white-crested mottled, or white-crested splash, or something else entirely? Thanks!

They thank you!

2. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Chick #3 looks just like the little Porcelain Dutch Bantam I got from Ideal. The others, [​IMG]

3. BoiseBubba

BoiseBubba Serama Psycho

Feb 11, 2009
    Boise, ID
    D'Uccles...... The last one is a Golden Sebright... the others look just like D'uccles (which by the way, is the breed many people call "Mille Fleur" but Mille Fleur is a color, not breed.) Some could be porcelein,golden neck,self blue,blue, I could go on.....

4. stormylady

stormylady Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2008
    Illinois
    Alls I got to say is Awwww so sweet!

5. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    Quote:I agree, first 3 are D'uccles with the 3rd being a porcelain. I also agree #4 looks like a golden sebright
    eta- they are bearded, tufted is a whole 'nother ball of wax [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 26, 2009
  6. Old McDonald 27

Old McDonald 27 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 26, 2009
    Alabama
    Hi Yoshi! I have no idea what breed your babies are, but I just wanted to say hi! We are neighbors. I am in Talladega. I love the TSC here, but they sent our extremely sweet and helpful assistant manager over to your store to be the manager. I can't think of her name right now(if I wasn't trying I would def. remember it) but she is tall with curly gray hair. She may have an idea of what they are. Just wanted to say hi neighbor!

7. Yoshii

Yoshii Chillin' With My Peeps

D'uccles? Seriously? Haha, what are the odds, I love D'uccles, but opted not to order them! Awesome. I can't wait to see how these little fellas feather out to look! Eeeee.

Anyone have any differing opinions of what they may be? Or, rather, any photos of their D'uccles as chicks or as adults? Thanks!

8. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by