Day1 Hatching eggs

thomascook357

Hatching
9 Years
Nov 14, 2010
I am new here but figured yall might like a look at my incubator and give me any tips if you see a way to better my incubator. Its clear full I fit 183 Coturnix eggs in that baby
cool.png
so very excited cant wait for hatch to come.

71880_img_0043.jpg
71880_img_0042.jpg
71880_img_0040.jpg

Nice Turning Table. Watch That Lg... They Have A Lil Flaw For Gamebird Eggs... Not Enough Water Surface Area In Their Design... Makes It Hard To Get Higher Humidities Need For Gamebirds, Other Wise They Do Fine. You May Have To Add Wet Sponges/ Diapers To Get And Maintain Higher Humidity. Good Luck With Your Hatch
smile.png

welcome-byc.gif

I agree with JJ. Watch the humidity with those 'bators. I do like that turn table. What did you use to prop the eggs up with?
Good luck with your hatch.

Last edited:
I actually tun it by hand i don't mind turning it i just felt having it open to turn all the eggs individually i lost too much heat. Also i actually dont use the water trays in the bottom of the incubator until lock down i put PVC pipe troughs in the top it holds at around 50% humidity then the plan is to use the water holders in the bottom and my troughs during lock down to get the humidity up higher. Hope it works
wink.png
no it should haha and for trays i actually used a sports mans egg tray for those cabinet incubators and then filled in around it with quail cartons with holes cut in the bottom to let air flow around them. Thanks i hope it goes good this is my second try the first time i got seventy eggs off ebay and three hatched i did the float test and alot of them were the "bobbers" so i think shipping killed them
sad.png
so this is round two
smile.png

sorry but 183 eggs? wow alot of eggs for that incubator normal hold is 120..thats pushing it..the humidity is a biggie place a sponge inside with them if possible soaked with water will help that hatch rate

shipping does bring fertility down but i ship out hundreds each week an always get reports back of 70 to 80 % hatch rates...alot of ppl hold eggs...makes it bad for some seller's

Quote:
THE ONLY THING THAT LIMITS THESE INCUBATORS TO 120 IS THE AUTO TURNERS, THE OP HAS TAKEN THAT OUT OF THE EQUATION BY HIS FANCY TURN TABLE THE WHOLE BATOR SITS IN. THE CONDITIONS INSIDE THE BATOR WILL NOT VARY DISPITE THE NUMBER OF EGGS INSIDE IT. GRANTED WHEN THEY ALL START TO PIP YOU'RE GONNA HAVE A HECK OF A HUMIDITY SPIKE, BUT SO LONG AS THEY STAY UPRIGHT IN THE CARTONS AS SHOWN THEY'LL BE FINE

Back
Top Bottom