dewey

Songster
9 Years
Nov 9, 2010
north of eternity
...confusion even when DST doesn't apply
big_smile.png
(AZ times never change.)

My daughter was rushing to get ready for church sunday morning when I heard her telling her boyfriend not to worry because they'd still make it there in time even though it was already 10:30 AM. I told her it's only 9:30 and showed her my cell phone time. She insists my clocks are wrong and looks at me with a bit of pity in her eyes and says, "awww, mama, you're so sweet but I have a smart phone and it's 10:30".
gig.gif

After much confusion from them both over the possibility that their smart phones could ever be incorrect, and after running all over the house frantically checking every clock (and announcing that something terrible was going on while I calmly sipped my coffee like something out of a twilight zone episode
lol.png
)...as they stood staring at their phones, their phone times clicked back to the right time for AZ.
lau.gif

Last edited:
And I am wanting to know why you didn't make a HUGE bet with her on your clocks being correct? You could have won tons of money, chores or whatever.
gig.gif

HOW long has she lived here?

That is too funny. Church yesterday was a WAY smaller crowd than normal. We finally convinced our daughter to go, but she did not enjoy the worship so much. I need a way around that.

I still say it is because of time change that she was so tired.

My daughter said it was a smaller crowd yesterday, too. A lot of people are out of town during spring break, at least around here. DD opted to skip the 2 week family trip to Mexico this year but her boyfriend left here and arrived today at their place in Mexico with his mom and siblings.

Maybe your DD will enjoy it more the next time around.
hugs.gif

My daughter said it was a smaller crowd yesterday, too. A lot of people are out of town during spring break, at least around here. DD opted to skip the 2 week family trip to Mexico this year but her boyfriend left here and arrived today at their place in Mexico with his mom and siblings.

Maybe your DD will enjoy it more the next time around.
hugs.gif

One can only hope. We are insisting on the kids coming....

Back
Top Bottom