1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Daylilies Blooming!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by hennyannie, May 11, 2011.

1. hennyannie

hennyannie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2011
    North Carolina
    Just went outside because I thought I heard rain and noticed that my "Monkey" daylily has opened since I came inside! First bloom of the season, Winter now seems like a long time ago! Anybody else have lilies?

2. Attack Chicken

Attack Chicken [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Hu

Sep 25, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    No daylilies blooming yet! But the Iris's are about to pop! [​IMG]

3. julie75

julie75 Chillin' With My Peeps

Yes! Mine have been blooming for a couple weeks now. I think they are so pretty. My only problem is that the ducks like to eat the flowers.

4. A few weeks ago we had some Tiger-lilies blooming, those are one of my mom's favorite kind of flowers. I want to get some Calla lilies, those are her absolute FAVORITE kind of flower. Also planted some Gladiolas, which are spouting.

5. Frosty

Frosty Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2008
    ND
    Ummm... my tulips are getting buds? The lilies and iris are an inch or two tall...

6. hennyannie

hennyannie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2011
    North Carolina
    Quote:Wow mine are already done and the iris are in full bloom(some about done). I love that stage when they are so small and green. Hey if I come out there I can have spring twice this year!!!!!!LOL

Last edited: May 12, 2011
  7. Okla-doodle-doo

Okla-doodle-doo Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 8, 2008
    Portland,Tn
    I'm in middle upper Tn. My iris just rinsed and I just noticed the first buds on the daylillys. I had 17 different iris,anxious to see how many daylillys I hav!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by