Days 16 & 11

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by eggybritches, Oct 31, 2009.

1. eggybritches

eggybritches Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2009
    Central Florida
    My three runners are getting big. They spend every night out in their coop outside (I just couldn't take the smell, and I live in Florida where it's been hot hot hot lately) and today they got their first taste of the "big kid pool." Previously they had been swimming in a little bucket where they could touch, but today I went out and got an inflatable from Wal Mart for twenty bucks.

August was more concerned about the peas he was sure I was storing inside the camera than really swimming at first.

[​IMG]

But eventually they had tons of fun. I love it when they dive. The littlest (the duck who hatched five days late) is a big diver. It's his favorite thing ever.

[​IMG]

My favorite thing ever is when they cock their heads and look at me like I've said something absolutely ridiculous.

[​IMG]

2. rainplace

rainplace Interstellar Duck Academy

That second picture is an excellent shot! [​IMG]

3. tia

tia Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2009
    Valdez, Alaska
    Very cute.

4. classroomducks

classroomducks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2009
    Fort Worth, Tx
    OMG that is just great!...when did you start giving them food other than the feed...mine are 2 days old and i was just wondering...

5. eggybritches

Sep 12, 2009
    Central Florida
    I only started giving them peas two days ago. I know it says for ducklings over 4 weeks, but I don't give them many and I smoosh them up so they only eat the guts. I'm probably doing it wrong, but they're healthy ducks and they love them.

6. tia

Apr 19, 2009
    Valdez, Alaska
    What kind of pool is that??? I wonder if one would fit into my garage for a winter swim..... I like the way they tilt there heads... I love the diving picture....

Tia

7. eggybritches

Sep 12, 2009
    Central Florida
    It's just a cheap little inflatable kidney shaped pool I got from Wal-Mart. It's only about eight feet by three feet (I'm guestimating, and also horrible with numbers).

8. tia

Apr 19, 2009
    Valdez, Alaska
    I tried to buy one around here, but I should have bought one in the spring... they sell out and then don't order anymore. I bet I could find one online though.... I've been using the bathtub... but something with a little more room would be nice.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by