Daytime Killers in TN

moondog425

Chirping
9 Years
Jul 29, 2010
tn
What kills in the daylight? I lost one of my A.Games beetween one and five p.m. today. What ever it was came over the fence and ate all the meat off of the neck and had started on the wing and tore the skin off one whole side and left it in the pen. None of the others look hurt but are in shock I think. My Rooster looks loike he has lost some feathers but is running around and i see no blood on him. He is a big White Roo.

I had a hawk fly over the coop at midday the other day. Thankfully the ones our ranging were tucked up under stuff. It flew off and I haven't seen it since, but it could easily have snatched one of the banties.
hmm.png

Other thoughts would be dogs or cats perhaps. Dunno. Maybe others will chime in.

I'm sorry for your loss.
sad.png

I am in south east tn. Dayton. I think some kind of hawk or Fox or mabee a Cat. What ever it was came over the fence, no dig ins....
Quote:
where are u located in tn? southern west we have notices foxes, hawks, dogs n coyette too during the day

Well, in the evening when it was barely getting dark a falcon came and perched on the fence watching my 15-week-old pullets. And I've had a lot of hawks circling overhead, but whenever I see/hear one I put my chickens in their run.

Back
Top Bottom