Daytime Killers in TN

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by moondog425, Aug 29, 2010.

1. moondog425

moondog425 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2010
    tn
    What kills in the daylight? I lost one of my A.Games beetween one and five p.m. today. What ever it was came over the fence and ate all the meat off of the neck and had started on the wing and tore the skin off one whole side and left it in the pen. None of the others look hurt but are in shock I think. My Rooster looks loike he has lost some feathers but is running around and i see no blood on him. He is a big White Roo.

2. CityGirlintheCountry

CityGirlintheCountry Green Eggs and Hamlet

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    I had a hawk fly over the coop at midday the other day. Thankfully the ones our ranging were tucked up under stuff. It flew off and I haven't seen it since, but it could easily have snatched one of the banties. [​IMG]

Other thoughts would be dogs or cats perhaps. Dunno. Maybe others will chime in.

I'm sorry for your loss. [​IMG]

3. sunflowerenvy

sunflowerenvy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2010
    south/west tn
    Quote:where are u located in tn? southern west we have notices foxes, hawks, dogs n coyette too during the day

4. moondog425

Jul 29, 2010
    tn
    I am in south east tn. Dayton. I think some kind of hawk or Fox or mabee a Cat. What ever it was came over the fence, no dig ins....
    Quote:where are u located in tn? southern west we have notices foxes, hawks, dogs n coyette too during the day

5. moondog425

Jul 29, 2010
    tn
    Thanks every one.

6. woodmort

woodmort Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2010
    Oxford NY
    I'd guess a hawk. Anything else would have killed more and/or carried it off.

7. Lbrad7

Lbrad7 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2010
    Ringgold, GA
    I agree with Woodmort, sounds like a hawk to me.

8. GammaPoppyLilyFlutter

GammaPoppyLilyFlutter Love Comes with Feathers

Jun 26, 2010
    California
    Well, in the evening when it was barely getting dark a falcon came and perched on the fence watching my 15-week-old pullets. And I've had a lot of hawks circling overhead, but whenever I see/hear one I put my chickens in their run.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by