1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Dayton & Klamath Falls?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by ClareScifi, Jan 18, 2012.

1. ClareScifi

ClareScifi Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2011
    I may be traveling to Dayton, Ohio, in either May or August and was wondering whether anyone knows of any chicken coop tours or anything fun going on in that area during those times? I'll be traveling by car there from Salt Lake City, so I'm also interested in anything fun going on inbetween those two locations during those times? All tips will be appreciated.

Then in mid-November I'll be going to Klamath Falls, Oregon, again by motor vehicle from Salt Lake City. Anything fun going on at that time of year? Sightseeing tips along the way?

Thanks for your help in planning my travel itinerary!

Clare

2. ChickenCanoe

ChickenCanoe Chicken Obsessed

Nov 23, 2010
    St. Louis, MO
  3. ClareScifi

Mar 30, 2011
    Thanks for the St. Louis tip! Do you know the date of the chicken coop tours? I couldn't find it on the web site?

4. ChickenCanoe

ChickenCanoe Chicken Obsessed

Nov 23, 2010
    St. Louis, MO
    They're not set in stone yet but there was one in May last year. Just keep checking back.

5. ClareScifi

Mar 30, 2011
    Okay, great. Thank you!

Are there still the Busch Gardens in St. Louis? I have never been to them. I'll bet they would be beautiful in May!

6. Yetti

Yetti Chillin' With My Peeps

If you need info for Oregon my friends have a site www.sandlakeduners.com
    it's an Oregon based offroad club. they can help with stuff to do to

7. ClareScifi

Mar 30, 2011
    Oh, cool! I've looked and looked for a good Oregon site! All I could find was the Freecycle type stuff. Thanks for the link!

8. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    Dont forget to eat some Skyline chili in Cincinnatti. And on the way back you could stop in Mount Healthy and pick up some chicks, ducklings or turkeys.

9. peepacheep

peepacheep Chillin' With My Peeps

There is a great natural history museum north of Klamath Falls on the way to Bend if you have a chance to go that way. Close to the museum is a visitor center to explain the volcanic geology of the area. There should be excellent birding in the nearby marsh. The north entrance to Crater Lake Nat. Pk will be closed by the due to snow by then but the south entrance should be open.

10. ClareScifi

Mar 30, 2011
    Thanks for the great Klamath Falls area tips! We love birds! We were at Crater Lake once in the summer. Would be fun to see it at a different time of the year. But the bluebirds will be gone by then; right?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by