1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

DBF got an order for an electric car!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by JennsPeeps, Feb 13, 2009.

1. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    DBF and his business partner have been pounding the pavement HARD to drum up business for their company that converts cars to 100% electric vehicles.

Yesterday the local Land Rover dealership called b/c they have a customer who wants an electric SUV, to heck with how much it costs.

Tonight they were on the news. (that's DBF in the blue coat, opening the car hood)

Today The Green Car Company committed to having them convert a 2009 Toyota RAV4 to an all electric vehicle!!

It's happening. Our months & months of faith, fasting, and famine are going to start to pay off. The economic stimulous package that passed today has $4,000 tax credits for conversions, and some $7,500 for never-registered conversions (i.e. a "brand new" electric car). [​IMG] Pray for us that it happens. We've scrimped, saved, gone without, and stretched dollars to make this happen.

2. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    [​IMG] [​IMG]:fl [​IMG] [​IMG] i am with ya Jenn! i hope it goes well for you guys!

3. al6517

al6517 Real Men can Cook

May 13, 2008
    Super great news I am very happy for you, It is great folks like you with vision and drive that make this the greatest country in the world, we can do anything and do it well, you have proven that.

I salute you
    AL

4. coffeelady3

coffeelady3 Froths Milk for Hard Cash

Jun 26, 2008
    Tacoma, WA
    Whoo-hoo! Does this mean the chicks are on you??? [​IMG]

5. FrenchHen

FrenchHen Chicken Ambassador

Jan 26, 2009
    Bagshot Row
    Hats off to you!

Are you working on an electric family car too? Something bigger than a pregnant roller skate?

We hope to adopt someday, and it'd be nice to have a choice other than a van or big SUV.

Not that part of me doesn't covet an Oddessy.

6. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    They've been surprised how many requests they've gotten for minivans, frankly!

Biggest problem is the starting weight of the vehicle: heavier = more batteries = more money. Batteries are ~$15-20K!! [​IMG]

As for when they'll actually turn a profit, who the heck knows. I keep asking when they'll see income from this and keep getting the run around on the WHEN.

7. FrenchHen

FrenchHen Chicken Ambassador

Jan 26, 2009
    Bagshot Row
    I understand that. I'd love a plug-in Prius for daily driving. We'd only use gas about twice a month with all the short trips we take.

More than two kids and that gets crowded really quick.

8. NancyDz

NancyDz Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2008
    Dutch Flat, CA
    Very cool! Congrats!

9. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    If it can reduce our dependence on foreign oil. go for it.

The climate change thing is another can of worms entirely, that I can't/won't get into.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by