DD ang grandbaby moved home yesterday Update post 12

maybe a part time job is just what she needs.. she isn't gone long and it brings in a little money and gives her a break from baby and the house..if your willing to sit for a couple of hours then she should go for it. she will have adult conversation too lol

UPDATE: daughters boyfriend called her and asked her to come home. so she went. when we got her stuff home D BF had the apartment spotless... I am happy. I am gonna get the baby for the weekend so they can have alone time

Has your daughter told him very specifically what it is she needs him to do? Men can be clueless and are generally even more so with babies and small children. She needs to be blunt and specific about what she expects him to do.
"Honey, I need you to get up with the baby at night on the weekends so I can recharge."
"Honey, I need you to do the laundry while the baby is so time consuming."
"Honey, I need you to do ______________"

He isn't going to guess what she wants. If she just expects him to jump in there and be the perfect dad she will be frustrated and disappointed.

I agree with the above. It took my husband many years to convince me that me telling him exactly what I needed done and when was not nagging. Nagging is when I have to tell him over and over. Apparently the first couple times do not count. He very gently informed me that he is as clueless as to what I need from him, so if I want help I need to spell it out.
Glad she is home though.

Back
Top Bottom