DD dropped a carton of eggs this morning .....

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by 2468Chickensrgr8, Jan 21, 2010.

1. 2468Chickensrgr8

2468Chickensrgr8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2007
    Ontario
    it happened while she was grabbing for her lunch bag BEFORE taking the carton of eggs....once a week we give our wonderful bus driver a dozen .....she covered her face and said ohhhh sorry mom and I grit my teeth ...twas an accident... but then once she ran out the door to catch the bus with the two dogs and a pig waiting "gleefully' for me to pick up the broken egg carton and two my surprize only 6 were smashed ...including my one lone green egg....but the other that were saved were from my Welsumers ,,,,,the dogs loved the clean up job ...

2. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    LOL It happens to the best of us! I've tripped coming out of the henhouse with a doz. or more in my shirt tails. Fun to see those things fly up into the air and me on the ground, but only lost 4 out of 12! That says something for thick shells!!!!

3. 2468Chickensrgr8

Nov 7, 2007
    Ontario
    Ha ha ha ! Yes I have done that also....

4. chocolate m'scovy

chocolate m'scovy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 14, 2010
    Oh, that poor Ameraucana egg!

5. Godsgrl

Godsgrl Ostrich wrangler

Aug 27, 2007
    at the zoo usually
    Sorry about your eggs. I like how you handled it with your daughter, though. Just wanted to say that a liberal sprinkling of salt helps tremendously with egg clean up.

6. 2468Chickensrgr8

Nov 7, 2007
    Ontario
    OHHHHH I did not know about the salt ......thank you very much for sharing that information ...

We are going to try again tomorrow morning ...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by