DDDCT...heres Granite in his new cage.

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by redhen, Apr 3, 2009.

1. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Okay..dont laugh at it! [​IMG] We(actually hubby) took an unused corner hutch and took out the shelves and cut holes in the center dividers, so bunny could hop through. Then he added another section of flooring to it to make it bigger. Then he enclosed the whole thing with old fencing/pen panels... dont mind the stain job...[​IMG] we just used what we had left in the basement! And Presto! his new cage made with recycled stuff laying around our house..its not very pretty, but he loves,loves it! hes been doing the happy bunny binky hop all night! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Chicky Tocks

Chicky Tocks [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2666.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Ru

Oct 20, 2008
    Benton, Arkansas
    Wow! Lucky bunny. [​IMG] There are people who would pay good money for a bunny hutch that nice. Hehe and kitty is a bit jealous and moving in.

3. dddCT

dddCT Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 28, 2008
    Durham, CT
    great hutch... they get easier the more you make. Dan has made all of ours and has tweeked them a little everytime. Granite looks so happy and is growing well. I'm so glad. BTW... Maggie's 2nd ltter is coming along so well. They are monsters and will be ready to go in 2 weeks. 6/8 already spoken for. She is such a good momma. Wendy have you checked out the new website? Let us know what you think please.

4. redhen

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:ooh,more babies! [​IMG] *i must resist!!* [​IMG]

[​IMG] and i'll check out the new website! show youre little guy the pics, i promised him i'd send pics! [​IMG]

5. dddCT

Jul 28, 2008
    Durham, CT
    Is he litter boxed trained?? How cool. He sure does seem happy. I love the hutch and think hubby could be onto something [​IMG]

6. dddCT

Jul 28, 2008
    Durham, CT
    You know we will always have a bunny for you guys [​IMG]

7. redhen

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:and i may be wanting another in a few months!..( i can not believe the awesome,gentle temperment of your bunnies! )..i just want to get him fixed first... i'll be in touch! [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 3, 2009
  8. dddCT

Jul 28, 2008
    Durham, CT
    [​IMG]

9. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    That is one lucky bunny! Somebunny loves him! [​IMG]

10. redhen

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:Thanks...we may fix the stain job on it someday...[​IMG] but...he does really like it!
    LOL..thats my kitty Rosco..he has to inspect everything...[​IMG] him and the bunny were playing..it was cute...[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by