Ddi anybody else buy mini geese from Holerreads?

Discussion in 'Geese' started by banter, Feb 26, 2009.

1. banter

banter Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2008
    Raymond Maine
    They are cute and very feisty. Two look like domestic geese, and one female defiantly looks as though she has some wild goose blood in her background. They are very active and curious. They are eating well and I'm pleased so far with their temperament. The first pics are the females, the last is th male. They are color sexed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 26, 2009
  2. Okla-doodle-doo

Okla-doodle-doo Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 8, 2008
    Portland,Tn
    Oh Boy do you have me drooling! I checked and they are sold out till fall. I am going to put a deposit down on some. They will run me around $350 for a trio(including shipping)! Thats steep but I think they will be the next "new craze". Please keep us informed on how yours do.

3. BlueLagoonRabbitry

BlueLagoonRabbitry Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2009
    Western Iowa
    link plz

4. farmertank

farmertank Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2007
    Linden TN
    I can't afford them right now [​IMG] anyone that wins the lotto and wants to share, I'm your gal lol.

But I really love seeing yours, please keep us updated and if you get eggs and would like to sell some please let me know

Julie

5. Wolf-Kim

Wolf-Kim Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2008
    They would probably have Cackler(?) geese in them. Which from my understanding is a "mini" Canada goose. I know if I were to create a mini goose, that's where I would start.

6. poultrykeeper08

poultrykeeper08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2008
    Agawam , Ma
    I was thinking maybe they had some Snow goose in them ? If they have babioes this spring let me know [​IMG]

7. BoiseBubba

BoiseBubba Serama Psycho

Feb 11, 2009
    Boise, ID
    Snow Goose?Cackler? No! The first two are obviously Pilgrim girls and the last one is a Pilgrim Gander....look at the Holderread Website, they are Pilgrim, which,by the way are one of the calmest breeds of geese and are auto-sexing from day one.Not tryin' to be rude just tellin' ya'!

8. poultrykeeper08

poultrykeeper08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2008
    Agawam , Ma
    They have the coloring of a pilgrim BUT they are extremly small . So tell me how they got small pilgrims ? The Obviously had to bring in other breeds that are smaller and by looking at the beak of the geese you can see wild goose in them !Not trying to be rude just letting you know [​IMG]

9. banter

banter Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2008
    Raymond Maine
    He must have used Pilgrim, and prob Shetland. When I emailed them about the background they stated that they also used a Lesser White Breasted/Domestic mix in the breeding program. They are supposed to be color sexed.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by