DD's agility class

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by texasgal, May 13, 2009.

1. texasgal

texasgal Brood with an Attitude

Apr 18, 2009
    I just wanted to share a little video that I made of my DD and her dog Rio at their first month of Agility class .. I just love to watch them become a team ..

2. sunnychooks

sunnychooks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 21, 2007
    NJ
    That video was WONDERFUL!!!
    Your daughter and her dog make a great team. Best of luck to them in competition. I'm sure they'll do well!!! [​IMG]

3. Henrietta23

Henrietta23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT
    Thanks for sharing!!! They look great together. [​IMG]

4. texasgal

Apr 18, 2009
    Awww, thanks. I'm just starting to do videos and I really enjoy it .. editing, slow mo, and inserting pics from time to time .. adding music, etc. I thought it was pretty decent ..

Can't wait until they start doing more obstacles at a time .. then the videos will get fun ..

5. LilRalphieRoosmama

LilRalphieRoosmama Officially Quacked

Oct 15, 2007
    Elyria, OH
    My DD does agility too with our yellow lab, George!!! They are going to Massachusetts (hope I spelled that right) first week of June!!

6. texasgal

Apr 18, 2009
    We have a lab too that is started in agility .. she would be the better dog and I've tried to get DH to run her .. she's got too much speed and BLAST for either of the kids to handle right now .. lol.. She doesn't do ANYTHING easy ...

7. LilRalphieRoosmama

Oct 15, 2007
    Elyria, OH
    We have the opposite problem - ours is too slow, uninterested, and only wants to play with the other dogs. DD gets VERY frustrated. DD's friend has our dog's sister also in the same agility class and she is a speed demon. Has won all sorts of ribbons.

8. texasgal

Apr 18, 2009
    Awww .. are they young? She should come along .. we have a few in class that are really slow, or uninterested, or will take off and try to play with the other dogs .. hopefully your DD doesn't lose interest ..

9. LilRalphieRoosmama

Oct 15, 2007
    Elyria, OH
    They'll be 5 in November. The female dog is very thin and agile; the male is tall, a little heavier, and slower and dumber than a box of rocks. He is my baby and I just love him to pieces but sometimes I just gotta shake my head.

The female has been doing agility for quite a while; DD just started with our male this year so she knows she has a long way to go with him. I told her she picked the wrong dog to enter - should have started our pom in agility!

10. gaited horse

gaited horse Merry Christmas!

Aug 14, 2008
    Fernley, NV
    how old is your dd texasgal she should ighn up for 4-h

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by