1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!
  1. kuntrychick

kuntrychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2009
    Alabama
    I've noticed a couple of posts that mentioned that their local TSC carries DE. I'm still on a bag I had ordered online (had to pay about as much in shipping as the cost of the DE [​IMG] ), but will need to be getting more pretty soon. I remember asking everywhere within like a 50-mile radius to me...feed & seeds, farm supply stores, TSC, local county co-ops, etc. if they had it...in person & by phone & people didn't know what I was talking about! They would ask me to repeat it & look at me like I have 2 heads....lol. So, I ended up ordering it online.

Anyway, I've seen a few people on here mention that their local TSC now carries it. That would be awesome if mine did! If your local TSC carries it, please respond & mention what area you are in, please. Also, where in the store is it located? Is it over there with the chicken feed & such, bedding or what?

If mine doesn't carry it, since some TSCs carry it, wonder what's the chance they could order it at my local store?

2. KDK1

KDK1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:My daughter lives in Attalla and can't find it there either. If you ask them at TSC, I'm sure they could order it for you. Just make sure you ask for food grade.

3. kuntrychick

kuntrychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2009
    Alabama
    Quote:My daughter lives in Attalla and can't find it there either. If you ask them at TSC, I'm sure they could order it for you. Just make sure you ask for food grade.

Attalla, Alabama? Wow, that's very close to me! But yes, I will show them a pic of the bag, pull up the UPC SKU # or whatever they need from my phone if they could order it. That would so great if I could get it locally!

Last edited: Oct 16, 2011
  4. KDK1

KDK1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Attalla, Alabama? Wow, that's very close to me! But yes, I will show them a pic of the bag, pull up the UPC SKU # or whatever they need from my phone if they could order it. That would so great if I could get it locally!

Actually between Attalla and Boaz but her address is Attalla. Starting to get cool up there, eh?

5. Jack Sparrow

Jack Sparrow Out Of The Brooder

May 13, 2009
    Las Cruces, NM
  6. wava1vaughn

wava1vaughn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2011
    Cairo Ga.
    Hi from Ga. I get it from my local TSC. You might have to ask your local store to order it if they don't carry it. [​IMG]

7. AngelaClassAct

AngelaClassAct Out Of The Brooder

Jul 5, 2011
    TSC carries it, a lot of them don't know what it is. I found mine in the pest control section, which was adjcent to the chicken stuff.

8. cravenchx

cravenchx Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2011
    Piedmont of NC
    My local feed and seed, however like most here
    it was in the pest control area. And, it wasn't pure
    DE. My question is, is this what we are suppose to
    be using? 85% silicon dioxin?
    I know it suppose to say food grade, but I didn't
    see that listed. Any advise?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by