1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

DE Food Grade~ Where is the best place to buy this bulk from???

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by tiffanyg2, Jun 1, 2011.

1. tiffanyg2

tiffanyg2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2011
    SC
    Does anyone have any websites or links for some good pricing for DE Food Grade! Thanks ~ [​IMG]

2. Hoss1975

Hoss1975 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 14, 2011
    north central Indiana
    You could try the nearest health food store.

3. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

SOUTH CAROLINA...

Buena Vista Alpacas - Aiken, SC 803-594-0788

Randall Gooding - Bishopville, SC 803-428-2161or 803-428-7418

These are two Custom Milling reps in SC. CM selling Perma Guard DE. Some feed stores may get it in, but be warned, they may tell you it's food grade, but if it doesn't say so on the bag, it probably isn't.

4. Mzyla

Mzyla Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2010
    Upstate NY
    I'm buying my either on www.ebay.com or www.amazon.com
    I researched and those were the cheapest places.
    Where we live, local Stores doesn't carry DE.

5. Fritatta

Fritatta Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2011
    Woodstock, GA
  6. Hoss1975

Hoss1975 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 14, 2011
    north central Indiana
    I was looking for some last week,been searching for a while now,just out of chance i decided to call the local health food store and they had it,it's $10.99 for a 1 gallon jug of it.Evidenty this it's a hot new thing among the health food freaks.

7. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

There is a Custom Milling rep in Murphy, NC and we were paying about $25 for 50# a couple years ago. The local co-op now sells the same brand for $38 for 50# and I just found out that another feed store in town is a rep for Custom Milling, but no idea what they're selling the DE for. I'm out and need some now. I use about 75# a year. Used to use 100# but have fewer birds now.

8. Saltcreek

Saltcreek Out Of The Brooder

Feb 20, 2011
    South Central Ohio
    The most expensive place to buy DE is at a health food store. $10.00/gal is steep. Through Amazon.com you can get Perma-Guard Diatomaceous Earth DE Food Grade 50 lb bag for $24.99 plus $30.00 shipping which is where I got it. With 50# bag you have enough to dust chickens, coop and put in their dust bath. Lasts a long time. You'll go broke buying that much at the store buy the gallon or 5# bag.

9. kimntep

kimntep Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2010
    Ocala, Florida
    Amazon..$27 for 50#, plus shipping. Couldn't find it ANYWHERE locally, so yes, I paid the shipping, but I use A LOT of it and one bag is only half gone after a little over 3 months.

10. tiffanyg2

tiffanyg2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2011
    SC
    Quote:Hahahah~ wait a second~ the hottest thing for the health food freaks?? What are they doing with it!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by