DE for sale in central/upstate NY?

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by trilyn, May 10, 2009.

1. trilyn

trilyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2009
    East Syracuse
    Hey NY'ers,

I'm looking for somewhere to buy food grade DE locally, I've asked at a couple of feed stores. They sound interested, tell me they'll look into it, ask for my number and all that, but I never hear back from them and am tired of chasing them down. Does anyone have a lead on where to purchase some? I wouldn't mind driving up to 50-100 miles away. I figured I would just stock up enough to make it worth my while.

Any help is appreciated. [​IMG] Trish

Last edited: May 10, 2009
  2. insiderart

insiderart Obviously Insane

Apr 30, 2009
    Arkansas
    Shoot I just knew someone was going to accidentally say what DE is on this thread...

I don't even know what it is! But good luck!

3. naturegirl

naturegirl Out Of The Brooder

Mar 24, 2009
    Central New York
    I have also inquired locally about purchasing DE with no luck. Some people have only heard of pool grade DE, which is not the same. I had to order my food grade DE on Ebay. Here is a link to the company I purchased it from..... www.earthworkshealth.com It cost 13.00 for a 10 pound bag and 12.00 for shipping. It was a little more expensive than I had hoped but at least I have some now! Now I can label my eggs "Organic" It only took 3 days to recieve it. Good luck, hope this helps. BTW We live about 25 miles from E. Syracuse, In Oswego County [​IMG]

Last edited: May 10, 2009
  4. Oklahoma Lightning

Oklahoma Lightning Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2009
    Twin Oaks
    WHAT IS DE PLEASE EXPLAIN

5. codybird

codybird Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2009
    Near Myrtle Beach
    Quote:I tried searching for "DE" and the search engine here does not accept that as a word.

Last edited: May 11, 2009
  6. willheveland

willheveland Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2008
    southern tier,NY
    I think some call it fossile flour too. Will

7. trilyn

Apr 13, 2009
    East Syracuse
    Hey naturegirl!! [​IMG] to you too! Thanks so much, I did order some from shadowridgedonkey.com and paid 18 inc shipping for 5 lbs. I love the stuff! I was just hoping to find it around here. Thanks for replying.

8. trilyn

Apr 13, 2009
    East Syracuse
    Quote:I tried searching for "DE" and the search engine here does not accept that as a word.

Check out this site: http://www.shadowridgedonkeys.com I buy my DE from them but I am going to check out the source naturegirl used also. There's a lot of good info about DE on this site. Hope it helps! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by