DE--info requested

Doormantnt

Songster
10 Years
May 4, 2009
Glen Burnie, MD
Hello all....I know reading here for a couple months now that if anwser is about heathlty chickens then it is in the threads on this page.

I've been "researching" for food grade DE, which looks to be some great stuff, and am having NO LUCK for buying it local. Those BYC'ers that use it, is it going under a brand name?? is there a "reputable" link to get it online? or does any one know where to buy it in Maryland??

Ideally I would like to have a local distributer, but with unknown brand names or even how to pronounce (LOL) it, it makes it difficult.

Thank ya'll in advance.

TNT

I couldn't find any local "food grade" DE, so I bought the "Natural Guard Crawling Insect Control" that I'll use around the fruit trees (bugs are eating my pears
sad.png
) and other places. Then I ordered a 10 pound bag of Food Grade DE from ebay, for use in the coop. There are several sellers that sell Perma Guard and other brands. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=250311134091

Last edited:
Thank ya'll for the responses

toletiquesbysam--do you mix stall dry with shavings, or just use it alone for "bedding" in the coop??

vfem do you have a link for where you ordered it?

Thanks again, any one else with ideas??

brand names, links online, or amounts and how to use.

TNT

Back
Top Bottom