DE - is this a good price?

It really depends on your area. I'm in a country area, and got mine from a local feed store (they ordered it for me), a 50 lb. bag for $29.99. So to me, your price sounds outrageous. But if you're in an area where there are no feed stores, and they look at you really strangly when you ask for DE, then maybe that's a fair price???

I just bought a bag 50# for 27.00 at feed store, they orderd it for me.....Ask around the feed stores..... Good Luck

Go to "Countryside.com" and get a 50# bag delivered to your home for $43. 50 /43 = .86 cents a pound. I also use DE in my garden for slug and snails. Sprinkle it at night when things are dry. Eco friendly if you ask me. Cheaper than slug bait products. I wanted to buy the bait but what if my chickens get in there? At least with the DE if they do they get some benefit. Other than eating my vegetables.

I got a 40lb. bag for $22.00 at our local horse supply store. I had called around to a few stores before I found it for a reasonable price!
smile.png

Countrysides is $25 for a 50# bag the rest is for shipping and alot of us don't have anyone nearby that sells it. Thats' the only reason I suggested it.

Usually $1 a lb. delivered to your door is good. (50#/$50 to your door). I couldn't find anyone locally that had food grade DE-and some tried to sell me some that wasn't. I ended up eBaying it and have been completely satisfied with it.

Back
Top Bottom