DE on Ebay!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by magikchick, Jul 25, 2007.

1. magikchick

magikchick ~FEATHERFOOTED DIVA~

Apr 21, 2007
    SW Florida
    I found DE on Ebay. 4lbs for $20, thats with shipping. Says it's food quality. What do you think? Has anybody ordred this, if not I think I'm going to give it a try.

Marsha

2. peepsnbunnies

peepsnbunnies Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2007
    Central Florida
    Hi Marsha,
    Great to see you on here. I get DE from our local feed store. It costs around $12.00 for an 8 pound bag. I even called the company on the package to make sure it was safe for animals and they assured me that it was. I sent you an email also.

Lisa [​IMG]

3. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Sounds sorta pricey! I got a 50 pound bag for 25.00. Altho I had to pay shipping, and THAT hurt...shipping was 35.00 UGH!! Wont do that again any time soon.

4. K8tieCat

K8tieCat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2007
    Northern California
    That's a pretty outrageous price. The first time I bought DE I paid $14 for 4 lbs. Then I started shopping. Peaceful Valley Farms sells 50 lbs for $25, plus shipping if you need it. What a steal.

Check them out here: http://www.groworganic.com/item_PMB105_Diatomaceous_Earth_50_Lb_Bag.html

Shipping
    may be different depending on where you live, but you can't beat the price. Traveling to this farm to pick up the DE cost me in gas just about what the shipping cost so was no different to have it shipped than to pick up.

You might think you really don't need that much, but I have found that 50 lbs will probably not last all that long because I'm using lots of it for my 12 girls.

Good luck.

5. chicks rule

chicks rule Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2007
    SW MO
    Try emailing Wally and see where they might have it in your area.

Perma-Guard, Inc.
    2430 Alamo SE, Suite 102
    Albuquerque, NM 87106
    Telephone: (505) 243-1460
    FAX :(505) 243-8878
    e-mail: Wally Tharp

[email protected]

Last edited: Jul 25, 2007
  6. peepsnbunnies

peepsnbunnies Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2007
    Central Florida
    Sounds like I need to do some shopping too. I guess it was just convenient to pick it up there.

7. greenmulberry

greenmulberry Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2007
    Iowa
    I have an Ebay order of food grade DE that is currently being shipped. It may cost more to do it that way but it is soooo worth the convenience to me of just buying it while I am on the computer at work rather than finding time to call/drive all over trying to find someone who sells it! Because my local farm store doesn't have it. Around here if you have to go to the next town that can be a long drive with lots of gas $$$ too.

I got ten pounds!

8. farmgirl2477

farmgirl2477 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2007
    Oviedo, FL
  9. chicks rule

chicks rule Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2007
    SW MO
  10. Sugar Sand Farm

Sugar Sand Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2007
    North Florida
    Try this website I was given this and haven't usedit yet as I ordered 50 from Perma Guard but they are supposed to give you a local address where you can get DE it is http://www.custommilling.com/index.php? I tried it and learned I could get DE wiithin 25 miles from where I live in North Florida

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by