DE - where can I purchase it besides online?

Quote:
If you are looking for some clean dirt for the birds to dust in don't waist your money you or the birds do not need it. Just give them a dry spot of yard dirt. Unless if you are living on a toxic dump; your chickens Do Not need Diatomaceous Earth for dusting.

Last edited:
Quote:
Which feed store? Local or chain?

You need to go to whatever feedstores you have, the little independantly owned ones are more apt to be helpful but try whatever ya got, and ASK them for it, they may not have it in stock but may be able to order from their suppliers.

Pat

NO- it MUST be FOOD GRADE- I checked with a local feed supplier in my area and they also called it -fossil shell flour- it said food grade right on the label. Cost me $26 for a 50 lb bag.

Quote:
If you are looking for some clean dirt for the birds to dust in don't waist your money you or the birds do not need it. Just give them a dry spot of yard dirt. Unless if you are living on a toxic dump; your chickens Do Not need Diatomaceous Earth for dusting.

Actually just for pest control, they have sand in their coop and run. I'll check TSC.

Back
Top Bottom