De-worming 150 chickens without putting anything in their water.

kuntrygirl

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
11 Years
Feb 20, 2008
Opelousas, Louisiana
I have read so many threads on what to use to de-worm chickens and how to de-worm chickens and the information is very useful and I am very thankful for the information. My only problem is that I am not able to de-worm 150 chickens by putting the medication in their water. The reason is because my chickens free range every day with geese, ducks and turkeys, so I am not able to put anything in the water because the other animals will drink the medicated water. It is VERY difficult to separate the animal groups and keep them separated for the amount of time that is needed for the chickens to drink the medicated de-wormer. My question is..........Is there any type of drops, liquids, paste, etc. that I can apply to/pour on each indiviual chicken that will kill my chicken's worms? I sure hope so. If so, please let me know the name of the medication and how much should I apply and how often. I am desparate for any information.

Thanks all.

Quote:
I recommend valbazen (albendazole), It's a liquid cattle/sheep wormer. Dosage is 1/2cc for standard size....1/4cc for smaller chickens, given orally to each chicken. It kills many worms including tapeworms and liver flukes. In 14 days follow up with Safeguard (fenbendazole) equine paste. Dosage is a "pea" size for each chicken given orally.

Quote:
I recommend valbazen (albendazole), It's a liquid cattle/sheep wormer. Dosage is 1/2cc for standard size....1/4cc for smaller chickens, given orally to each chicken. It kills many worms including tapeworms and liver flukes. In 14 days follow up with Safeguard (fenbendazole) equine paste. Dosage is a "pea" size for each chicken given orally.

Perfect!!! Thanks dawg53. I knew that you were the expert after reading your numerous posts.
bow.gif

I will picking this up ASAP. You're a lifesaver!!!! Thanks for the quick response.

Also Safeguard is safe to use on Turkey, Ducks & Geese. If you ever have to worm with Ivermec, I buy those medication guns at TSC for like $20 an under, remove the needle if it has one, put the tube and spike in the medication bottle and "shoot" each bird under the armpit or behind the neck when they roost in their pen or however.... hehe I have like 300 plus different bird species here....... Fun Fun Fun

Quote:
300 plus? !!!!!!!!
ep.gif
. And I thought I had a lot. Goodness gracious!!! Poor you. !!!

Medication guns? Oooooooo, that sounds like FUN !!!!!!!! I want one !!!!!!!! Thanks for letting me know that Safeguard is safe to use on my turkeys, ducks and geese. I have never de-wormed them, so this is very useful information. I'm going to TSC this morning, so I will look for one of those guns.

Thanks chickenzoo !

Back
Top Bottom