DE

sangel4you

Songster
10 Years
Apr 11, 2009
Halifax, Pennsylvania
ok so now that we've determined they've got cecal worms...can anyone tell me a few common places to get food grade DE and roughly how expensive it is? We don't have many options around here...thanks!

Good news is at least you know what you are treating! Where do you get your feed from? Have you tried asking them if they carry it or if they can order it in? Ours is bought at Shar-Kar, our local feed store, or Buckerfields. They will sell it bulk or in a 40lb bag (I forgot to ask how much that was). I don't know if those stores are over there or not...but I'd start with your feed store, then try a gardening store, they may be able to point you in the direction for food grade.

no, they're not....only place I thought to look besides the feed store (our small feed store doesn't have it) is lowe's and according to their website they dont have food grade. Anyone in US have any ideas?

yeahhhhh I found it too, I was hoping to get some for them in the next day or so though. Thanks. Plus if I'm going to be buying it in the future it would be nice to know there's somewhere that has it.

Your being in Nova Scotia might mean there's none nearby. The clostest that I could find was in Vermont:

* Dirt Works, Inc.
New Haven, VT
802-385-1064
[MIX]

Some of our distributors are on working farms and ranches. Always leave a message when instructed to do so. If you do not get a return call, please call our offices at (505) 243-1460 and we will do our best to fill your needs.

We have indicated under the distributor's name those products they normally carry.
* FOSSIL SHELL FLOUR is our food grade diatomaceous earth.
* MIX indicates they carry an assortment of our insecticides and Fossil Shell Flour in different sized bags as shown on our web site.

If there are no distributors listed in your state, try the distributors in neighboring states. Many of our distributors have networks of retail outlets in states they are not listed in. That information can only be obtained by calling them.

Quote:
Okay, let's try these on for size:

* Fertrell, Inc.
Bainbridge, PA
717-367-1566
[FOSSIL SHELL FLOUR]

* Lancaster AG Products
Rueben Stoltzfis
60 N Ronks Road
Ronks, PA 17572
717-687-9222
[FOSSIL SHELL FLOUR]

* Xtra Factors
Ephrata, PA
717-859-1166
[FOSSIL SHELL FLOUR]

* Quarry Land Seeds
New Holland, PA
717-445-6225
[FOSSIL SHELL FLOUR & GRAIN STORAGE]

* Kreamer Feed
Kreamer, PA
800-767-4537
[FOSSIL SHELL FLOUR]

I have a few other stops to make as well...can anyone tell me how you know it's food grade? Is there something specific on the bag that tells you this? I am leaving and not taking my computer with me, but I hope to get some today. If you know the answer to this question, please email me at [email protected] and it will come straight to my phone...it would be really helpful thanks!

Back
Top Bottom