1. thefishery

    thefishery Songster

    Oct 19, 2009
    Where do you get it?

  2. feathersnuggles

    feathersnuggles Songster

    Sep 4, 2009
    Feed stores. Call around. Ask for food grade DE. Some don't know the difference between that and industrial DE. Some don't carry it and some carry a 50# bag - which will last you a LONG time if you don't have many chickens. I have a 50# bag, which will last me forever. But since I can store it dry, I chose that lower cost option.

    Also, before you do too much phoning around...check the forum posting under "Where am I? Where are you?" and see if there's a thread for BYC'ers in your state or area. If so, post your DE question there. Someone will know if there's a local place for food grade DE close to you. If not, you can always get it online - but you'll pay big for shipping because it's heavy.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by