Dead Baby Chick

jxx

Hatching
Jun 12, 2021
Hi so I woke up about 40 minutes ago to check on my baby chick only to find its legs splayed inwards and it wasn't breathing or had its eyes open. It also had a pasty butt. How can I know if its really dead? Im afraid it died from lack of the correct temperature. It's been about 3~ish hours since I last checked on it. Is there still hope in trying to save it? I'm a newbie at raising chicks.

Hi so I woke up about 40 minutes ago to check on my baby chick only to find its legs splayed inwards and it wasn't breathing or had its eyes open. It also had a pasty butt. How can I know if its really dead? Im afraid it died from lack of the correct temperature. It's been about 3~ish hours since I last checked on it. Is there still hope in trying to save it? I'm a newbie at raising chicks.
Sorry for your loss.
How old was it? What is your heat source? Do you have other chicks? What were you feeding it?

Sorry for your loss.
How old was it? What is your heat source? Do you have other chicks? What were you feeding it?
Hi, it was almost 2 weeks old. I fed it Grubbly's Little Peck feed and my heat source was just 2 heated water bottles under some blankets (was going to buy a heating lamp on Sunday). Sadly enough it was my only chick.

Hi, it was almost 2 weeks old. I fed it Grubbly's Little Peck feed and my heat source was just 2 heated water bottles under some blankets (was going to buy a heating lamp on Sunday). Sadly enough it was my only chick.
:hugs :hugs
Where did you get a lone chick?
The heat source was inadequate but I don't think that was why the little thing died.

Back
Top Bottom