Dead bird for no aparent reason!!!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Nemesis3, Feb 11, 2013.

1. Nemesis3

Nemesis3 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 28, 2012
    [​IMG]
    This is Boo, one of our beloved in our small flock. This morning she was acting a little funny and staying away from the other girls. Later in the day she was found by herself under our porch and acting lethargic. We picked her up and examined her to only find no obvious signs of injury or sickness. What has happened?! She was almost a year old and was our biggest chicken. She was around 7 lbs. and laid an egg every day, with the exception of today. We only have four in our flock and the others seem fine. We are very sad as she was very sweet and beautiful.

Is there something we should look for to prevent this from happening to our other girls? Has anyone had this same experience and found the cause? [​IMG]

2. hennotrooster

hennotrooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 16, 2012
    Hesperia CA
    [​IMG]Sorry for loss, could she have been bound? She is a beautiful bird.

3. Nemesis3

Nemesis3 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 28, 2012
    Thank you, she was beautiful. We did examine her and found nothing out of the ordinary. I am not an expert but she did lay yesterday so I would assume that she may not have been bound.

Thank you for your reply...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by