Dead Chicken Pose!

LizGled628

Chirping
9 Years
Jun 13, 2010
Rhode Island
"Hey, I've got an idea! Let's lay down and pretend we've dropped dead in this crazy heat and make Mom come screaming out of the house in a panic!"
60451_img_1093.jpg

"Gee Mom, sorry we scared you so much that you ran out without any shoes on and stepped on a dead mouse that the cat dropped off!"
60451_img_1097.jpg

About once every couple of weeks my wife will look out the window and think the chickens are dead so I go out and they all jump up and run to the door. They have the dead chicken pose down pat.

Ah yes...the dead chicken pose. Been there....done that....more times than I care to count. LOL I have one Delaware hen that freaks me out constantly...she will walk past you out into the sunshine somewhere and just throw herself down on her side and lie there. I cannot tell you how many times of seeing this it took for me to ignore her. I thought "Holy Crap...she had a heart attack!" LOL

Here she is in one of her less traumatic toss downs

7630_hpim6961.jpg

Even the roo ignored her finally

7630_hpim6914.jpg

hahahaha

I love it when there are two chickens using the same depression they've dug for their dust baths, and one has her neck laying over the body of the other one, and they've tired themselves out. So it looks like a double homicide, just ready to be buried.

Here's a photo of something similar, but without the burial ground already dug up.
41679_sebrightssunning.jpg

I have a young rooster , *Sigh, is his name, he does this same thing, scares me, I'll go up to him won't move, I tell him hey, he'll turn his head up and look at me!!! Crazy chickens!!

HAHAHA Now I wish I'd have taken my camera out that day I just "knew" one or two of my chicks were dead! One didn't move until I was right up on it. When it jumped up I nearly sh** myself.

I was like:
ep.gif

Back
Top Bottom