Dead Chicken Pose!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by LizGled628, Aug 31, 2010.

1. LizGled628

LizGled628 Chirping

Jun 13, 2010
    Rhode Island
    "Hey, I've got an idea! Let's lay down and pretend we've dropped dead in this crazy heat and make Mom come screaming out of the house in a panic!"
    [​IMG]

"Gee Mom, sorry we scared you so much that you ran out without any shoes on and stepped on a dead mouse that the cat dropped off!"
    [​IMG]

2. tjweaver84

tjweaver84 In the Brooder

Jun 13, 2010
    Winterville, NC
    About once every couple of weeks my wife will look out the window and think the chickens are dead so I go out and they all jump up and run to the door. They have the dead chicken pose down pat.

3. hudsonhousechicks

hudsonhousechicks Songster

Jun 2, 2010
    Austin
    You're feeding a bunch of comedians, [​IMG]
    That's pretty funny!

4. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Ah yes...the dead chicken pose. Been there....done that....more times than I care to count. LOL I have one Delaware hen that freaks me out constantly...she will walk past you out into the sunshine somewhere and just throw herself down on her side and lie there. I cannot tell you how many times of seeing this it took for me to ignore her. I thought "Holy Crap...she had a heart attack!" LOL

Here she is in one of her less traumatic toss downs

[​IMG]

Even the roo ignored her finally

[​IMG]

hahahaha

5. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

I love it when there are two chickens using the same depression they've dug for their dust baths, and one has her neck laying over the body of the other one, and they've tired themselves out. So it looks like a double homicide, just ready to be buried.

Here's a photo of something similar, but without the burial ground already dug up.
    [​IMG]

6. Shannoniganshens

Shannoniganshens Chirping

Jul 25, 2010
    West TX
    I have a young rooster , *Sigh, is his name, he does this same thing, scares me, I'll go up to him won't move, I tell him hey, he'll turn his head up and look at me!!! Crazy chickens!!

7. LizGled628

LizGled628 Chirping

Jun 13, 2010
    Rhode Island
    hahahah these pictures are HYSTERICAL!!

8. crtrlovr

crtrlovr Still chillin' with my peeps

I am SO [​IMG] [​IMG] my DH came to see if I was ok... I told him "just barely"... [​IMG]

9. galanie

galanie Treat Dispenser No More

Aug 20, 2010
    Colmesneil,TX
    HAHAHA Now I wish I'd have taken my camera out that day I just "knew" one or two of my chicks were dead! One didn't move until I was right up on it. When it jumped up I nearly sh** myself.

I was like: [​IMG]

10. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Okay, here's my dead chicken pose.
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by