Dead chicken.

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by NotReallyTyler, Feb 10, 2014.

1. NotReallyTyler

NotReallyTyler Out Of The Brooder

Nov 19, 2013
    Yesterday I placed my leghorn mix in a coop with my Silkie roo, they were both scared of each other so they avoided one another. When I came home tonight my hen was dead and stiff on the ground with an egg on the other side of the coop. I didn't see any blood on either of them though. Is it possible he killed her or was it the flu or something? The day before I noticed one of her eyes had a dull look to it and it was kind of half way closed. The other eye was perfectly fine. Any ideas on the cause of death?

2. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member Project Manager

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    Get a necropsy done.

-Kathy

3. NotReallyTyler

NotReallyTyler Out Of The Brooder

Nov 19, 2013
    I don't know what that is, if it's like an autopsy, I don't think it's that big of an issue for all of that, I'm asking mostly for opinions/experience, which you did give an opinion, thank you.

4. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member Project Manager

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
  5. casportpony

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by