1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Dead Dominique Roo Under a year old.

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Water Pixie, Jan 29, 2011.

1. Water Pixie

Water Pixie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2010
    Paw Paw, MI
    Morning everyone,
    I when out to feed the chickens this morning and I found Jr one of my sweet Dominique Roos dead. He was shaking a little yesterday but I thought nothing of it cause a gust of wind have just breezed in through the Chicken door that he was standing in front of. It look like he just died in his sleep early this morning. This is the second roo I have lost this year both were under a year old and come from the same person and both died in the night. Also I last week I relized that a hen that I got from the same person has a (gray) blind eye. Be side the blindness she acts normall could this be Marek's or am I over reacting?

Ruff Morning hit

Dawn

2. Judy

Judy Moderator Staff Member

Feb 5, 2009
    South Georgia
    You might want to read about Marek's and fowl cholera in the veterinary Merck manual, available online. I am sure there are other possibilities as well.

http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/ps044

3. rancher hicks

rancher hicks Chicken Obsessed

Feb 28, 2009
    Syracuse, NY
    I can't say what is wrong, but I am sorry for your loss. [​IMG] [​IMG]

Rancher

4. Water Pixie

Water Pixie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2010
    Paw Paw, MI
    Quote:Thank this was help full I do not think it is Merck or LL.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by