Dead egg?

Hld93

Chirping
May 8, 2021
Hi, the picture isn't the best but I had bought silkie eggs locally and they are at all different stages. I was told 3 would hatch any day so I hurried home and got them in the incubator. Well, 2 out of 3 hatched 3 days ago. I am now left with one question mark egg. I have no clue what day it is on but I thought I could see some movement but that may be wishful thinking. I'm just unsure on what to do with this egg at this point. I went and bought a second incubator for the other eggs that needed to be turned so I could separate the almost hatching ones from the ones just developing.
20210623_135113.jpg

Hi, the picture isn't the best but I had bought silkie eggs locally and they are at all different stages. I was told 3 would hatch any day so I hurried home and got them in the incubator. Well, 2 out of 3 hatched 3 days ago. I am now left with one question mark egg. I have no clue what day it is on but I thought I could see some movement but that may be wishful thinking. I'm just unsure on what to do with this egg at this point. I went and bought a second incubator for the other eggs that needed to be turned so I could separate the almost hatching ones from the ones just developing. View attachment 2731733
Dead egg. Sorry.

I thought I did but am unsure. Would their be veins if it's overdue?
There would always be veins. Especially with all that space to see if there were veins. If you hold it still and see movement, it would be alive. But if you turn it fast and see movement, it’s probably not alive. You can always give it a couple more days.

Back
Top Bottom