Dead lobster?... or not...

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by oEch0o, Mar 4, 2017.

1. oEch0o

oEch0o Out Of The Brooder

Feb 5, 2017
    I have one of the small blue lobsters that are freshwater. The name slipped my mind sorry... but anyways the story of Larry goes...

Larry began to die about a week ago and died yesterday. I am sure he died because he never moved, not even when I touched him or his antenna, and he turned grey and yellowish instead of his natural blue color.

I planned on burying him today but I got home too late and it was too dark for a proper burial so I left him in his tank and figured I'd bury him tomorrow. With whatever illness he had he was too weak to move and he couldn't stand up at all, not even if he tried.

I went to turn my fish tank lights off for the night a bit ago and Larry was standing and his color turned blue again... this is only an hour since I last checked up on him from when he used to be yellowish-grey. Larry died but now he's standing up. He's still unresponsive of touch though, but I can see him moving a little in the dim light of my room

Has this happened to anyone before... I'd like confirmation that the spawn of Satan isn't living in my room

Facts about Larry:

When I got him he was still growing and I've only had him a year so I know he isn't old

He's currently in a 2.5 gallon tank instead of his normal tank because my fish gave birth and I have yet to sell them

He's been in the 2.5 gallon for about a month

He once lost one of his legs and the remainder of the leg turned blackish-brown and shriveled up

I have not recently changed water in Larry's tank

I bought a new 2.5 gallon tank and Larry was moved to that tank

The old filter for Larry's old 2.5 gallon tank kind of blew up on a small scale but didn't harm Larry

I know posting this on here is a long shot but I'm desperate to know something about what's happened

2. cavemanrich

cavemanrich Overrun With Chickens

Apr 6, 2014
    Melrose Park Illinois
    Good that you didn't jump the gun and buried Larry before his time. If any one else is in the room, its not satan. Its THE CREATOR.,,,,,,,,,,,, Maybe it is all happening for you to gain the Peace you need to Part with your pet. I also return ALL my pets to Earth. I do this for respect for LIFE. In last 2 months I buried 2 chickens and 1 pigeon. Yes,,,,,,,,,,,, there were tears. When you no longer see life, then bury... Give it time. No need to hurry.
    WISHING YOU BEST.. [​IMG]

3. oEch0o

oEch0o Out Of The Brooder

Feb 5, 2017
    He's just had an interesting life. And my cat is acting strange. She seems scared but I'm just paranoid at the moment

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by