1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Dead peahen, swollen turkey eye :( ??

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by RockyToggRanch, Sep 10, 2009.

1. RockyToggRanch

RockyToggRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2008
    Upstate NY
    One of my peahens died yesterday. She was fine in the morning and stiff in the evening. The other 3 seem fine, although one was slightly fluffed up this morning. They sometimes fluff up at me when I go into their house.

Also, the one and only turkey has a swollen and runny eye. He has been away from the peafowl for 3 weeks, but were together for 2 weeks prior to that. There was a bee attacking his head 2 weeks ago and I thought he may have been stung, but the swelling didn't appear for several days after the bee incident.

None of my chickens appear to have any issues, but niether did the peahen....

Any suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2009
  2. RockyToggRanch

May 22, 2008
    Upstate NY
    Okay, I bought Duramycin-10 at TSC and a pkt of Vitamins & electrolytes. Who should get what???

Should the chickens get anything? I really try to be as chem free as possible.

Turkey boy is meant to join us for Thanksgiving.

Please help

3. RockyToggRanch

May 22, 2008
    Upstate NY
    Let me also say that I have never had a sick bird until now and the only time I ever lost one was a chick that drowned in a bucket.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by