***Deadling Extended***ASBC/SCNA SHOW....

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by Poulets De Cajun, Mar 5, 2009.

1. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2009
  2. allaboutdemchicks

allaboutdemchicks Chapel Farms

Sep 13, 2008
    Jemison, AL
    I would give my right arm to get to go to that!! I can't wait to see some pics when you go Chris.

3. Poulets De Cajun

Why dont you then? Alabama isn't that far away! Its really shaping up to be a good showing.

4. allaboutdemchicks

allaboutdemchicks Chapel Farms

Sep 13, 2008
    Jemison, AL
    Oh, it's not the distance. Other things happening. Hopefully next year....and I can see you there! I'm sure your will be exhibiting your Silkies, but what about your Seramas....how did they turn out?

5. Poulets De Cajun

The Seramas turned out great, from what I know of them. I originally had 5, but I ended up loosing a pullet, and I had a second Roo that the breeder took back as I didn't need two.

The male I kept has really good type, but he is a little big I'm sure. However both of my females are on the smaller side so hopefully their size will compensate.

I've actually got 5 Serama eggs due to hatch on the 10th, so we will see what happens. I REALLY know my Silkie stuff, but this Serama stuff can sure get confusing with all the different classes. I need to do some studying on the Serama's type.

6. aberfitch

aberfitch Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2008
    Texas Fort Worth
    I am hoping to go as well.. I am in Fort Worth texas as well!

7. Poulets De Cajun

Well we'd certainly like to have you. There are 4 or 5 of us from Fort Worth going down so far. You should come!

8. aberfitch

aberfitch Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2008
    Texas Fort Worth
    I actually am going. I can't wait. its going to be so much fun. Should I reserve a room now or wait till I get there?

9. Poulets De Cajun

I would reserve a room ASAP. As I understand it, over 400 Seramas have been entered and its climbing, and there are quite a few Silkie exhibitors heading that direction also, although I dont know how many Silkies will be there.

For hotels, a lot of folks are staying in Gonzales, or Thibodaux. Baton Rough is also about 45 mins from the show.

10. Poulets De Cajun

DEADLINE FOR ENTRY IS APRIL 1ST FOR THE SILKIE PORTION!!! EMAIL ME FOR ENTRY FORMS!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by