Dear Eggland's Best: THAT's your BEST? Gimme a break!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by joebryant, Feb 22, 2009.

1. joebryant

joebryant Overrun With Chickens

Anne had to buy a dozen eggs this week for a special reason. I only got one egg yesterday from the coop for today's breakfast. Day before yesterday I got three for the first time ever. The two that held out yesterday are going into the chicken and dumplings pot if they don't stop trying to torment me. Course I'll have to determine which two... But, I digress from this post's purpose.
    These three eggs, EB's two and my one, were all the same size. The largest, orange YOLK on the front is from a Joe Bryant's BEST free range hen.
    Edit: BTW, Anne took this picture with her cell phone. I was too lazy to get out the camera.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 22, 2009
  2. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    Oh my, those store eggs do look very very sad.

Your hen needs a treat for doing such a good job [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 22, 2009
  3. joebryant

joebryant Overrun With Chickens

Quote:Okay, but which hen?

4. Lee

Lee Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2008
    Marion County, IN
    I agree! I bought a dozen of Eggland's Best last year and was amazed at how the whites ran all over the skillet. So, going by that, I figure my home grown eggs are worth $3 a dozen.

5. Rattman

Rattman New Egg

Jan 12, 2009
    Central Illinois
    That picture shows why I HATE store eggs.

6. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    I agree with Rattman. I tell everone who questions the difference in quality to do this same test. I will even give you the egg to try it with!

7. CovenantCreek

CovenantCreek Chicks Rule!

Oct 19, 2007
    Franklin, TN
    Quote:Okay, but which hen?

All of them! They'll think that if 1 egg meant 1 treat 3 eggs would get them 3 treats!!! [​IMG]

8. CovenantCreek

CovenantCreek Chicks Rule!

Oct 19, 2007
    Franklin, TN
    Recently some neighbors stopped by to get some eggs -- the wife was telling me how she just can't do any baking with those "pale face" eggs from the store, they just can't do the job that good country eggs can. [​IMG]

9. Robin'sBrood

Robin'sBrood Flock Mistress

May 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    Quote:We have to buy store bought since I only have one girl laying right now. Eggland's best... what a joke. I prefer the cage free ones in the gray carton (can't remember the name) if I have to have store bought. My home grown eggs have been fertilized by my SLW roo, so they're priceless to me. [​IMG]

Side note... hey Lee, what's the name of the pretty boy in your avatar?

10. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

I have a friend who buys egglands best. For all those expensive commercials and all, what a joke, huh. Our "homegrown chickens" are the best guys!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by