Dear friend's Father-in-Law w stage 4 lung cancer. He passed on Tues.

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Pumpkinpup, May 24, 2010.

1. Pumpkinpup

Pumpkinpup Poultry Princess

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    I have some good friends names Autumn and JJ. I learned today that JJ's father was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer. Autumn is handling it in her usual senseable way and paring down her farm work load in preperation for the days ahead. She is one of the strongest women I have ever met and I have great admiration for her but I know she is silently hurting inside. I share her pain as my own mother is going through stage 4 gastric cancer as we speak. JJ says nothing about it all and just trudges on with his daily chores as usual. They have two young children, Mason and Raven.
    Please pray for this wonderful family and help give them the strength they need to face this and pray for JJ's dad in his greatest need.
    [​IMG] to you all as you have always been there to support and uplift those who were low and troubled. Thank you for being my BYC family!

Last edited: Jun 3, 2010
  2. chick4chicks

chick4chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2008
    N.E. Pa.
    You are all in my thoughts and Prayers. God Bless

3. Pumpkinpup

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    Quote:Thank you so much!

4. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    They're in my thoughts and prayers too. [​IMG] Geez, everywhere you turn someone has it.

5. Pumpkinpup

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    Quote:I know! Isn't it insane how many people have this terrible stuff?! I can't help but think it must have something to do with some of the things they put in all our food now days. It's very frightening.

6. Pumpkinpup

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    Sunday I went by and visited with Autumn for a few minutes and she told me her father-in-law had lost tons of weight and had said to his wife that she would only be burdened with him for a few more days. She told me he could not do anything for himself he is so weak. It's very heartbreaking. They need your prayers badly.

7. Pumpkinpup

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    Autumn called this morning to say that JJ's father had passed on Tuesday morning and the funeral is today. They need your prayers for peace and comfort now. Thank you.

8. melissa09

melissa09 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 16, 2010
    Harmony NC
    They are in my thoughts and prayers [​IMG]

9. Camelot Farms

Camelot Farms Chickenista

(((hugs)))

10. chick4chicks

chick4chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2008
    N.E. Pa.
    [​IMG] and Prayers for Autumn, JJ and the whole Family. He is at Peace now.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by