Dear Lord There Here!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by T.N.Hughes, Feb 25, 2009.

1. T.N.Hughes

T.N.Hughes New Egg

Feb 23, 2009
    So Ideal sent out our chicks today...and they arrived today...thats TX to CO in a day! We were not ready. We had to set up everything on the fly... Everybody seems happy and healthy. We'll see. When they say that they added males for warmth are they always really males or should I expect a hen or two?

Todd

2. Chicken Woman

Chicken Woman Incredible Egg

Oct 16, 2008
    Montana
    You can be pretty sure that they will not give you hens for warmth. They always have an excess of roos so you can be pretty sure they will be roos.

3. briana1975

briana1975 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2009
    Carleton Mi.
    How many did you order and how many did they send. I also ordered from Ideal. Just wondering what to expect. It's our first chicks.

4. RendonRoo

RendonRoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2009
    ft. worth
    I ordered 12 from ideal. We got them 2 weeks ago today and we got 7 peanuts. All either rir or production reds. I'm sure they sent all males but sexing is only 90% accurate so i'm hoping i got a pullet but not looking that way at this time. I'm gonna list mine extras on craigslist at 2 mo. old. Good Luck and welcome to BYC. O Yea post pics when you get a chance.

5. TXmom

TXmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Congratulations on the fast shipping...that's great! So much better than the sad stories last week. You could POSSIBLY get an accidental pullet, but more likely they're all males.

Post pics when you can...we can't get enough of those super-cute fluff balls [​IMG]

6. Faverolle

Faverolle Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2009
    Massachusetts
    My Ideal order came today and all were alive. Thankfully the weather and postal service cooperated a little better this week then they did last week as it was 10 plus degrees warmer and a day less in transit time.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by