Dear Sweet Pea

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Godsgrl, Dec 15, 2009.

1. Godsgrl

Godsgrl Ostrich wrangler

Aug 27, 2007
    at the zoo usually
    My dearest Sweet Pea,

It hasn't been that long since we found you at the dump. I had thought about getting a dog, but when we got a kitten, I figured we were done. Then you showed up and dd fell in love, so here you are.

We need to set some rules though. First of all, that potty business is to be done outside. That is not what carpet is for. The sooner you learn this, the sooner you can go into the bedrooms. If you must mess in the house, please use the tile, it's much easier to clean.

Reno is an elderly dog, 9 1/2 now, which is probably like 80 in people years. He'd really like to be left alone as he has never liked other dogs. Except for Chester the doxie at Petsmart, but that was a fluke, and probably because Chester is a smaller dog. But you're bigger, okay?. Please don't harass Reno, or take his chewies, or try to play with him. I'll look for you a playmate, but Reno isn't it.

Hershey cat loves you, and will play all day-spithead, chase, whack a mole, whatever. But the other cats, Taco, Julie and Bear are grouchy older cats set in their ways. So give them some space, okay? They know how to handle dogs, and it isn't pretty. You've been warned.

Now listen up, this is really important. You need to stay in our yard. I know we don't have a fence, but you need to stay inside our borders when we go out to potty. This means you don't take off so I have to chase you. And under no circumstances are you to run to the neighbors and jump in their living room window. Even if they have it open, and you hear a dog and kids inside. It simply isn't polite, okay?

My shoes are another issue of concern. Today I had to go out barefoot in the cold wet because my shoe was missing. Please return this at your earliest convenience. Thank you.

Also, one day we had to lock you in the bathroom because I had mopped the laundry room. We were only gone a few hours, you didn't have to eat the bathroom. Now I have to fix it up, and either paint or wallpaper. This isn't what I want to do right now.

I could go on some more, but I think you get the point. I do admire how bonded you are to dd. You are sensitive to her moods, and take great care when she's upset. If we can get these kinks worked out, I think you'll make a great dog.

Love ya Sweet Pea
    Mommy

2. Kanchii

Kanchii Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. PandoraTaylor

PandoraTaylor RT Poultry n Things

Jun 29, 2009
    Alaska
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

they can be a handful....

4. Godsgrl

Godsgrl Ostrich wrangler

Aug 27, 2007
    at the zoo usually
    Thank you. I love Sweet Pea, but puppies! [​IMG] She is about 6 months old, breed unknown, but looks part dalmatian. She's come out with more spots since we got her. Her ears are wrong though for the breed. Maybe I can get dd to help me post a picture later today.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by