Dear WriterofWords.....

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Iowa Roo Mom, May 15, 2011.

1. Iowa Roo Mom

Iowa Roo Mom Resistance Is Futile

Apr 30, 2009
    Keokuk County
    I just wanted you to know that when I woke up today it was 45 degrees outside and raining, again. This makes the 5th day in a row of rain for us. I just wanted you to know that I was thinking about you, trying my best to figure out how in the world I could pack it up and next day air mail this whole stupid weather system to you.

I didn't figure it out, but if I do, I will PM you for your address so you can have some rain! [​IMG]

2. pbjmaker

pbjmaker Overrun With Chickens

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    No kidding - I'm sick of the rain
    We went to an auction down in Osceola today and it was COLD - you could see your breath inside the building.

3. HHandbasket

HHandbasket The Chickeneer

I woke up to several inches of snow on the ground this morning. In California.

Lovely.

4. bt03

bt03 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2011
    Over the rainbow...
    It has rained 3/10 of an inch in the last 80 some odd days where I live....

5. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    The high for today was 57, tomorrow is fore-casted to be 52. Then Tuesday is supposed to be 57 again. This was after we had a full week of 80 and 90 degree weather...this year is weird.

6. Iowa Roo Mom

Iowa Roo Mom Resistance Is Futile

Apr 30, 2009
    Keokuk County
    Quote:Us, too. We broke records last week, it was 96* or some crazy thing like that, and then this week it was in the 40's and 50's. GOOD LORD! I am so ready for 70's again. Oh, and bring on the sunshine! [​IMG]

7. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Quote:Us, too. We broke records last week, it was 96* or some crazy thing like that, and then this week it was in the 40's and 50's. GOOD LORD! I am so ready for 70's again. Oh, and bring on the sunshine! [​IMG]

But in another month we'll be wishing it was cool again...can't win for losing I guess [​IMG]

8. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Quote:We expect it Tuesday night. In California.

9. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    We hit 103 this last week and would LOVE to have some rain.

But I must say, Keokuk is one of our favorite places and my wife and I have gone on vacation there 3 times during the month of July over the past few years. One year the week we were there it didn't get above 80 degrees. I loved every minute of it.

10. geebs

geebs Lovin' the Lowriders!

Sep 28, 2008
    Uh you shipped it to the wrong address.... I wish I had caught the mailman... I would "return to sender" [​IMG]

Last edited: May 15, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by