Death inside the egg?

Discussion in 'Geese' started by DNAatWork, Mar 25, 2012.

1. DNAatWork

DNAatWork Out Of The Brooder

Jan 17, 2011
    Coalville, UT
    Hey everyone! I'm wondering whats causing my babies to die inside the egg? I think its around day 20 or so - and then they just die. I have them in my bator. Any advice would help - thanks! :D

2. littledear

littledear Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2012
    Cabot, Arkansas
    What is your temp in the bator? It should be at 99.5 or slightly lower but not higher. Are you spraying the eggs and cooling them? What is your humidity level? How often do you turn them? Many factors can cause death in the egg so to find out what you are doing wrong you need to give more information.

3. DNAatWork

Jan 17, 2011
    Coalville, UT
    I am using one the the Gesnis auto temperature machines, temps reads 99.5. Humidity is 65. What do you mean by spraying the eggs? i have never heard of that. I turn my eggs three times a day, before bed, when I wake up before school - and when I get home from school.

4. CelticOaksFarm

CelticOaksFarm Family owned, family run

Sep 7, 2009
    Florida - Space Coast
    Humidity is too high for during incubation. They could be drowning in the egg because of it. Read the sticky at the toppf the goose section titled hatching guide to help you work out your incubation technique and trouble shoot what is going wrong.

5. DNAatWork

Jan 17, 2011
    Coalville, UT
    Thanks! I know last year I was having dry eggs. Utah whether is not fun. I'll lower the humidity, and read the sticky.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by