1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Death paid a visit this morning.

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Cindiloohoo, Sep 30, 2010.

1. Cindiloohoo

Cindiloohoo Quiet as a Church Mouse

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    [​IMG] [​IMG] My Pitty is gone. She got out of her fence Saturday, and now we think maybe she got hit by a car. I have been monitoring her and doctoring her external injuries. I guess she had internal issues as well. The last couple days she seemed to be getting better. Yesterday she was up being playful wanting loving, so I thought she was going to be okay. She had just a few scrapes, and her front nails were worn down, like she crawled out of a ditch or something to get back home, but she did make it back on her own the next morning. This morning we (me & two dogs)went out as usual to feed the chickens, only she didn't get off the deck. I left her there to go ahead and feed thinking she was just going to watch this time, as she sometimes does. The next thing I know she fell off the end of the deck, and started convulsing, and peeing. She had blood in her urine, which is why I think there was something going on internally that we could not treat. No signs of blood earlier, whatever it was must have broke loose today. I had been watching for signs of something more serious. I couldn't do anything except stand there and pray God would just take her quick. It all happened so fast...I feel so horrible that I couldn't do anything. If I had thought for a half second her injuries were more serious, I would have taken her to the vet immediately. She's a big dog, around 80 pounds or so, and she just had a few scrapes behind her right front leg as far as we could tell. Apparently though, it was much more serious. Now she is gone, and I miss her terribly already.

Rest in Peace Sarah "Kuda"

[​IMG]

2. Amanda0609

Amanda0609 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2010
    So sorry for your loss [​IMG]

3. michelle1017

michelle1017 Goat Mama

Aug 21, 2008
    Missouri
    Aw, I am so sorry to hear that. She was a beautiful dog! [​IMG]

4. cluckcluck42

cluckcluck42 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 4, 2009
    Quebec
    I'm so sorry for your loss. [​IMG] I have a special place in my heart for pit bulls. She was gorgeous.

5. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Very sorry, Cindi.

6. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    I'm sorry you lost her Cindi.

7. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    I'm sorry...God bless and hold you today and forever...Nancy

8. Orchid

Orchid Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2010
    North Central MN
    I'm so sorry. [​IMG] She was lovely. My best friend has a pit that looks just like her, and he has the sweetest personality ever.

9. Cindiloohoo

Cindiloohoo Quiet as a Church Mouse

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    DH is out back burying her now. Poor dog. She was such a stupid fun kind of dog...always into something. I kept telling her it'd catch up to her. Mischievous since she was a pup [​IMG] She was a sweetheart, lovey, little nut job...*sigh* We have loads of memories [​IMG] She had a good life, no doubt. I'm just sorry the end was so soon, but thankful it was at least quick for her sake. Thanks for all the hugs. That's her puppy pic I posted...my favorite pic of her...the only time she was still enough to take a good pic was when she was asleep [​IMG] LIVE WIRE she was..the house seems so quiet already without her big bouncing butt trouncing down the hallway after a ball. It's amazing how dogs become family members so quickly. I appreciate the support folks.

10. WingingIt

WingingIt Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2009
    I'm sorry. She was beautiful and reading your description of her and her antics made me smile. What a girl!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by