Death sentence

BiggJohnn

Songster
6 Years
Apr 1, 2013
Davie Florida (Ft> Lauderdale FL)
so we live on 30 acres in South Florida. It’s actually a pretty populated area, but our acreage is agricually exempt. I’m sure my neighbors are not happy about our 9 roosters!! One of my employees asked what I was doing with the hens & roosters. Long story short... my roosters are going to be dinner.!! I feel horrible!! I kept 2 so that I can re-populate. My poor guys.

I've got a bunch of bantam cochin bachelors running around my yard, daily free-range. They need to go, but I feel like they are easier picking for the hawks than my ducks, so I let them stay. I'm inclined to show them the soup pot too though. So BiggJohnn, don't feel bad... We know.

Or kill them when they start becoming teenage jerks and start disrupting your flock. I don't feel bad about it then.
This is true, cause they are jerks.
Im raising a replacement for my old rooster. Because my old rooster attacks everyone it sees. The new rooster is just old enough to start breeding, and it likes to pick on my little silky. Its so bad that yesterday I saw her run into a bunch of weeds, and hunker down to hide from him. At that point I picked her up and separated them. She is now by herself. I told my wife, im going to put her in general population, and separate him from the flock.

This is true, cause they are jerks.
Im raising a replacement for my old rooster. Because my old rooster attacks everyone it sees. The new rooster is just old enough to start breeding, and it likes to pick on my little silky. Its so bad that yesterday I saw her run into a bunch of weeds, and hunker down to hide from him. At that point I picked her up and separated them. She is now by herself. I told my wife, im going to put her in general population, and separate him from the flock.
Sounds like he needs to be separated until his hormones calm down.

Back
Top Bottom