DECATUR, TX SHOW

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by blackred, Aug 24, 2008.

1. blackred

blackred Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2007
    Blue Texas
    The Red River Bantam club will have its fall show on September 27, 2008 at the Wise County Fair grounds - 3101 S FM 51 Decatur TX
    The judges will be Sam Brush and Dewayne Ballard. The entry deadline is Sept. 17th For a show catalog or more information contact
    Monty Fitzgerald
    1713 CR 4280
    Decatur Texas 76234

Monty is also the PT tester for that area.

This an excellent show put on by a great club. It is a little early so a lot of birds will not be ready, still it should be around 700 birds. Technically there will be no birds for sale because of the TAHC rules but a lot of breeders will enter birds they intend to sell.

Bob

2. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

I'm already tested, have my entry form filled out, and getting ready to mail it in! I'll be there at 7am SHARP on Saturday the 27th!!!! CANT WAIT!!!!! Its my first show ever!

3. blackred

Oct 15, 2007
    Blue Texas
    Be sure to fill out the bottom part of your PT form and sign it in blue ink. They are going to be stickliers for that this year. A lot of the old timers are not doing this very well. It satrted 2 years ago.

Bob

4. Poulets De Cajun

Quote:I've already packed a blue pen in my chicken book!

5. texaschickmama

texaschickmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Poolville, TX
    OMGosh, I have to go. My husband will be off too. COOL. Now, what kind of birds are these, just bantam? Just curious. What time do most people show up?

6. blackred

Oct 15, 2007
    Blue Texas
    There will be large fowl, and bantams. It would be best to show up at about 10 am if you just want to look around . I figure the judging and show to be over by 3 or 4.

7. Poulets De Cajun

According to the entry packet, coop out time is at 3pm, so judging will be over prior to that, in order to present awards.

8. texaschickmama

texaschickmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Poolville, TX
    I'm so there. I would love to see the big breeds. I'm an orpington lover. I would so love to find a local blue, black, splash orp breeder here locally. Do y'all know of any? I will also ask around the show to see who knows of any. Can't wait to go, this will be our first chicken show. We got our chickens last year, so we have had chickens around for a year, and boy has it been fun.

9. Denece&Lacey

Denece&Lacey Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2008
    Alvord, Tx
    Hey this show is coming up!! If anybody can tell me anymore about it. I only live about 15 miles from there!! I am looking for some silkies also if anybody has any or knows someone who does!![​IMG]

10. blackred

Oct 15, 2007
    Blue Texas
    Denece&Lacey :

Hey this show is coming up!! If anybody can tell me anymore about it. I only live about 15 miles from there!! I am looking for some silkies also if anybody has any or knows someone who does!![​IMG]

What would you like to know about it?

Bob​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by